Covid-19 Response and Virtual Learning
COVID-19 In Person School Safety MeasurementsBeginning 9/29/2021 -Mandatory Weekly Covid Tests administered at school by Capital Diagnostics for all students and teachers.
Before student begins school:
- Covid vaccinations and available boosters are mandatory before enrolling in the Journey School. No exceptions.
- Family signs Community Covid Commitment Contract, which includes a commitment to social distancing, masking appropriately, teaching children proper hand washing and mask wearing techniques, and assuring clean masks daily.
- Any TJS community member traveling outside the state of Maryland, agrees to disclose and get tested for Covid-19
- Students will have their own school supplies - no sharing of supplies.
- Classrooms and work spaces are cleaned and sanitized using CDC recommended sanitizers.
- Weather will be checked and if appropriate the outdoor classroom environment will be properly set up.
- Medical grade classroom air purifier is on and functioning properly.
- Teachers will check and record each other's temperature and health survey responses. Wash and sanitize hands. Wear masks and face shields.
- If a student within the school community tests positive for COVID-19 by a laboratory test, the student will remain at home for 5 days pending a negative covid test and free of symptoms.
- Strict Drop off times -8:00 am - 8:15 am or 12:00 noon - no late drop offs
- Student and parent masks required.
- Temperature checked at car and health survey completed and recorded.
- Upon teacher clearance, students will line up, socially distant with masks on, and prepare to enter the classroom. When the teacher directs, students will go straight to the restroom, one at a time. Students will be supervised washing hands for 20 seconds and sanitizer will be applied before entering classroom and when leaving classroom.
- There will be 18 students and 3 teachers, in total, in the building using 3 classroom spaces.
- Used as often as weather permits.
- After washing and sanitizing hands students will be directed to the outdoor classroom space - walking, socially distant with masks on. Work spaces will be prepared.
- Masks will be worn inside and outside the school buidling.
- Masks will be changed as frequently as necessary and required at mid-day.
- Students will place used classroom instructional materials in a bin marked "TO BE SANITIZED". During appropriate moments or during lunch and recess a teacher will sanitize the material and place back on the shelf for another student to use.
- Students will have their own cubby for their school supplies. There will be no sharing of materials.
- Students will receive lessons on hand washing, class procedures, mask wearing, and equipment use.
- Students will bring their own lunches, water bottles, and utensils and eat outside or inside the classroom, depending on the weather.
- During Lunch the classroom space will be cleaned and sanitized.
- Before entering the classroom space students will wash and sanitize hands and change their masks.
- Students will wash and sanitize their hands before leaving the building and wear masks out to their cars